You didn't think you needed this, until you did.
*Submitted by Lana Wadman of Sydney, NS*
What you need:
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Drunken Sailor Donair Spice
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Drunken Sailor Donair loaf or meatballs (or both...see recipe)
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 frozen spinach " nuggets" (optional).
What to do:
- Saute onions and garlic in butter until translucent
- Add donair spice and cook spice for one minute
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes , and donair meat and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Add orzo pasta and spinach and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Top with garlic croutons and enjoy!