Big thanks to Oakville, Ontario residents Jason Fortin & Megan McCartney for submitting this delicious treat!
What you need:
- 0.5 kg ground beef, or whatever ground meat/alternative you like best
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (any)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 4 bell peppers
What to do:
- Cook rice according to directions
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook beef and onions together in a frying pan until no pink
- Add 2Tbsp of Donair Spice and the tomato sauce to the beef and onions
- Once fully mixed add in rice and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese
- Cut 4 peppers lengthwise straight down the middle and remove seeds/white.
- Drizzle peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and lay open side up on a baking sheet
- Put peppers only in the oven to soften for ~10 minutes
- Take peppers out. Fill generously with the meat/rice filling.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Pro tip: If you are trying to sneak veggies for your kids or hubby/wife.... just throw in some riced cauliflower or any other veggie purée when you are mixing in the tomato sauce.