How to make the traditional donair loaf using Drunken Sailor Donair Spice.
- Mix 2 - 3 tbsp (depending on your flavour preference) of Drunken Sailor Donair Spice with 1 pound of regular or lean ground beef
- Shape into a loaf and place on a baking sheet lined with foil and a wire rack - Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
- Check to be sure the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees
- Let cool for 5 minutes then slice thinly and serve on a traditional pita and top with diced tomatoes, onions and the signature Drunken Sailor Donair Sauce (visit www.drunkensailor.ca for the recipe)
- To make meat extra crispy, fry each portion over high heat for 3-4 minutes per side