Nanny's Tea Biscuits
3 cups flour (can be 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat if you like)
3/4 cup cold butter ( not margarine )
1 tsp salt
1&1/2 tsp sugar
7 tsp baking powder
1&1/2 cup very cold water.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- With pastry cutter cut in cold butter until small and crumbly.
- Add water just until moist.
- Do not over mix (this will make your biscuits tough)
- Flour board or clean counter and put dough on it.
- Bring the outside of the dough towards you from all sides and knead 4-6 times very gently.
- Add more flour a little at a time if you need to so the dough is not to sticky to cut with biscuit cutter.
- Put biscuits on parchment lined or greased baking sheet 9x13". approx. 12 to a pan.
- Bake 425F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm!! Enjoy!!